Les insoumises folder
網版印刷 / Screen Printing
該印刷樣本是法國有線電視Canal+頻道為以反對向婦女施暴為主題的紀錄片《les insoumises》的播放而製作的印刷宣傳品文件夾。封面使用雙色網版印刷於350g黑色Matter，內頁是使用雙色膠版印刷於135g白色Matter上。該樣品由法國Imprimerie du Marais公司印刷。
The printed sample is press folder from French Cable company CANAL+, for the launch of the documentary ”Les insoumises” about violence against women.The cover is screen printed in red and white on Curious Matter Black Truffle 380g. The inside pages are offset printed in 2 colours on Curious Matter Goya White 135g. The sample was printed by Imprimerie du Marais in France.
- 在Curious Touch, Crious Cosmic, SKIN上最好使用UV印刷，傳統採用的PVC油墨網版印刷與乾燥爐組合使用也適合。
Screen printing also called serigraphy or silk screening, is a method of printing using a stencil supported on a fine woven screen mesh stretched taught and bonded to a frame.
The material to be printed is placed beneath the frame and the fluid ink forced down through the porous material by means of a “squeegee”, reproducing the image not blocked out by the stencil.
- Do choose your inks carefully, accounting for how they will react with your paper stock, and how you want your inks to look when overprinting. A wide variety of inks can be used: paper and board inks, vinyl inks and UV inks. Possible effects include a matt or gloss finish, metallic inks, varnish, relief varnish, phosphorescent inks, white inks, and fluorescent inks.
- Do proceed to print an image lighter than the paper colour, for instance, white ink on black paper, Vinyl inks especially will give good results when ink opacity is required.
- Do consider UV screen printing for papers such as Curious Touch, Curious Cosmic or SKIN.Conventional screen printing with vinyl inks combined with a drying oven is also suitable.
- Do trust your printer.Screen printing involves a manual process and relies on the expertise of the printer, who will know how best to reveal an image using the right combination of pressure, inks, meshes etc.Screen printers are as much artists as experts.
- Do silkscreen duplexed boards.Silkscreen presses can print substrates up to 1.5 cm.
Unlike other forms of printing, screen printing uses pure, pigmented inks, which sit on the surface of the paper, resulting in intense and vibrant colours, Andy Warhol, in particular, chose this technique in 1962 to depict Marilyn Monroe using vivid colours.
- DON’T screen print complex 4-colour images.The screen printing process prints one spot colour at a time, so a separate screen must be used to produce each colour of the design.
- DON’T forget trapping during prepress.Indeed, registration is not hairline, like in other processes.
- DON’T choose a textured paper when precise detail rendering is required.For accurate ink placement, the screen requires intimate contact with the substrate, which will be compromised when printing over a textured paper. If necessary, you could remove the textured from the image by debasing it beforehand.
- DON’T overlook the technical restrictions that you will face in production when designing your artwork.Clear shapes and thick lines will work better.Depending on your printer and their process, the density of the mesh can allow details down to 0.3 pts.
- DON’T print lightweight papers without a test, as the ink could cause them to buckle or warp.